Vehicles can be tough to find enough space for, especially if you only have a single-car garage and a narrow driveway. For many individuals and families, there simply isn’t enough space around to hold their daily commuter plus a spare car or recreational vehicle. Fortunately for those who need more parking space, many storage facilities offer vehicle storage at affordable rates.
Different Vehicle Storage Options
Vehicle storage is so much more than storing a sedan. Since there are several types of commonly owned vehicles, the self storage industry has adapted to offer storage for all types of vehicles, including recreational vehicles. Here are the different vehicle storage options you can find at many storage facilities.
- Car storage – There are a lot of people who use storage as a place to hold a spare car, or even a classic car, that they don’t have the room for in their driveway or garage.
- Small Vehicle Storage – Self storage is great for storing ATVs, motorcycles, scooters, and other small vehicles.
- Boat Storage – Most boat owners don’t have the room to store their boat at home, and a lot of neighborhoods covenants don’t allow you to do so anyway.
- RV Storage – While RVs are known for luxurious camping, they’re also known for being massive. Most homes aren’t equipped with enough space to house a typical RV, so self storage becomes the best way to store an RV.
Types of Vehicle Storage
Not all vehicle storage is created equal, and that’s largely by design. Storage facilities have created several types of vehicle storage so you can find the protection you desire at a price you can afford. Whether you’re looking for the cheapest storage option available, or you need maximum protection for your vehicle, you can find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Indoor – Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and even small boats can be stored inside a standard drive-up storage unit. Inside a storage unit, your vehicle will be completely protected from the elements and will enjoy excellent security.
- Outdoor – The most common form of vehicle storage is an outdoor parking spot that is reserved for your vehicle. Of course, this offers no protection from the elements, but you still get the security of a fenced-in lot with controlled access.
- Covered – Some storage facilities offer covered vehicle storage where cars, boats, and RVs can be parked underneath an awning to offer protection from the sun and rain.
- Storage Garage – There are also storage facilities that offer indoor vehicle parking in the form of large garages with individual spots. While these aren’t private like an individual storage unit would be, they still provide full protection from the elements.
Important Amenities for Vehicle Storage
When looking for vehicle storage, there are many things you should consider, including what amenities each storage facility offers. While certain amenities may increase the cost of your rental, they’re well worth the investment since they keep your vehicle safe and easy to access.
- Security – One