Access the latest Transportation Policy Bulletins, Proposed and Current Regulations
Transportation Policy seeks to improve agency freight and cargo management and enhance sustainable, efficient and effective transportation operations.
Transportation Policy focuses on freight and cargo over 150 pounds, purchased and shipped into or out of federal agencies.
Our companion division, Travel and Relocation, addresses household goods and passenger travel.
Transportation Policy efforts include:
- Assisting in the development of transportation policies, guidance and improved management practices
- Developing training to improve transportation competencies
- Helping agencies report transportation expenditures and key performance indicators to benchmark against high performing organizations
- Communicating and collaborating with federal executive and interagency transportation committees
- Identifying and sharing best practices among federal agencies
- Serving as a federal liaison to the transportation industry
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/transportationpolicy.
Source Article …
Freight Management Branch
The Freight Management Branch provides a framework for fulfilling the worldwide freight shipping requirements of federal agencies. The program offers rate management services worldwide for general commodity freight transportation. The Freight Management Branch provides:
- Online booking of freight shipments through TMSS 2.0
- Significant savings off commercial rates;
- Over 1,500 approved Transportation Service Providers (TSPs);
- Expert assistance and guidance available from transportation management associates; and
- Standards/requirements of Standard Tender of Service (STOS).
GSA’s transportation management system for freight shipping is TMSS 2.0. TMSS 2.0 an integrated execution solution, providing streamlined transportation management services. TMSS 2.0 supports the life cycle of the transportation process, from order management through financial settlement with US Bank’s Syncada integration
GSA’s Electronic Bill of Lading (BOL)
GSA’s electronic Bill of Lading (BOL) provides documentation and authorization for an agency’s shipments of freight and household goods. For either method, shippers can easily book a shipment online, complete the BOL, and print a single copy to accompany the shipment.
For Freight customers, the electronic BOL is offered in GSA’s transportation management system, TMSS 2.0
For Household Goods customers, the electronic BOL is available in GSA’s TMSS 2.0
The web sites below are used to assist customers in locating transportation-related sites:
Transportation and Logistics Services
The Transportation and Logistics Services meet GSA’s customer needs via a variety of transportation services. Specifically, Schedule 48 provides the following:
- Domestic Express small and heavyweight ground shipping;
- Local courier services;
- Rental Supplemental Vehicle program;
- Transportation consulting services; and
- Ground passenger transportation services.
- Air Charter passenger services
Source Article …