“Being one of the biggest aviation services group and a socially responsible humanitarian flights provider, we decided to solidarize with other large global companies. We have sent an official offer of $2M worth flight budget to the World Health Organization with an aim to help combat COVID-19. The support money shall be dedicated to transporting COVID-19 vaccines to highly infected places using the company’s aircraft fleet – Dornier 228, Boeing 747-400F, B737-400F and Airbus A321,” says Mr. Vygaudas Usackas, Ambassador and Member of the Board of Directors of Avia Solutions Group.
Avia Solutions Group is the biggest integrated aviation service provider in the world with up to 50% of its flights being humanitarian. The company currently controls the operations of Chapman Freeborn, Bluebird Nordic and Avion Express, which together achieve around 10 000 flight hours per month performing medical aid flights, repatriation, United Nations World Food Programme missions and other high-demand services.
“Today, the demand for cargo transportation rapidly increased, followed by the prices becoming 2-3 times higher. Some areas are facing issues for cargo transportation as the waiting time for large cargo or cargo to difficult areas can be as long as 2-3 weeks. As a Group, we want to be sure that once the vaccine is invented, its transportation to areas, which need it most, will have been solved in advance,” Mr. Vygaudas added.
According to certain sources, today, more than 70 vaccines are being tested, and their certification procedures has already started. While the timeframe for approval processes is from late October 2020 to mid-2021, the vaccine transportation will most likely be needed in March – April 2021.
About Avia Solutions Group:
Avia Solutions Group is a global aerospace business group with 83 offices and production sites around the world. It employs over 7 000+ professionals and serves more than 2 000 clients across Europe, Asia, North America, Australia and other regions. The group holds more than 500 licenses for its diverse activities.
Avia Solutions Group is one of the largest aerospace servicing companies in the world which does not own a scheduled carrier. Its wide-ranging work for clients includes aircraft leasing and trading, MRO services, business, charter and cargo aviation, pilot and crew training and recruitment, ground handling, and more.
For more information about Avia Solutions Group, please visit www.aviasg.com.
For all media inquiries:
Vilma Vaitiekunaite, Chief Communications Officer
SOURCE Avia Solutions Group
Source Article …
MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) — Face masks are hard to come by, even for health care workers. So, Morgan Hill-based bike company, Specialized, has been using its worldwide contacts, calling in favors, and spending millions of dollars to get face masks to medical workers.
Specialized CEO Mike Sinyard told me healthcare workers are the heroes of this pandemic.
He knows he is fortunate to have the wherewithal to secure so many masks, but encourages all of us to lend a helping hand to healthcare workers.
“How could you help them?” he asks. “Can you help them by preparing food, can you help them by taking care of their kids, because the kids will be home. Everything helps.”
Mask shipments have begun arriving at the company’s Morgan Hill headquarters, and among the first to get masks are local hospitals, including Watsonville Community Hospital.
Take a look at more stories and videos by Michael Finney and 7 On Your Side.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area’s shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor’s Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7’s interactive town hall ‘Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation’
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here’s how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area — COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here’s why you should practice ‘social distancing’
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7’s drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here’s how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here’s a look at some of history’s worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19
Copyright © 2020 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.
Source Article …