Covid – 19 Bicycle Cafe Shop Protocol Update March 20th 2020
Up until today we have been operating mostly business as usual with additional cleaning and sanitizing methods in place. Covid 19 is now most definitely in our community and spreading so for the safety and good of our customers, staff and whole community we will be implementing the following changes to our shop.
- The Retail and Service shop is now closed to the public. These spaces are too limited to possibly provide enough distance between persons. We will gladly meet you out front at the table and try our best to get you what you need in a safe sterile manner.
- Bicycle Service is open but by appointment only and the shop side is closed to customers. Call ahead and book at 250-828-2453, drop your bike off in the rack outside the repair shop in the rack, check in with the staff and we will sanitize your bike before bringing it inside and after we are done with it in minimize contact with surfaces.
- No trying on anything. We cannot possibly sterilize a number of soft goods so we won’t be allowing customers to try on goods on their bodies. If you need something and know what it is and the size, feel free to purchase it with the understanding at this time we will not be accepting returns on those items. It’s just not safe for our customers and staff at this time.
- 1 Bicycle test ride per customer. If you need to get that new bicycle as it is the season due to our stringent sanitization program we can fit you on one bicycle for a test ride. We are happy to help you narrow it down but our usual trying multiple bikes isn’t possible at this time. Also our demo ride dates this spring have been postponed by all our companies for the season for the same reasons.
- We will be updating and changing these practices as necessary. This is a difficult time for everyone and we want to keep people safe on their bicycles but not at the expense of safety and our wonderful community.
- We love you all. Thank you from the whole Cafe Crew. Check in regularly as our hours and protocols will change as necessary but we will try to keep you rolling as long as we can.
- Feel Free to reach out via email at email@example.com or Call us at 250-828-2453