Freight Management Branch
The Freight Management Branch provides a framework for fulfilling the worldwide freight shipping requirements of federal agencies. The program offers rate management services worldwide for general commodity freight transportation. The Freight Management Branch provides:
- Online booking of freight shipments through TMSS 2.0
- Significant savings off commercial rates;
- Over 1,500 approved Transportation Service Providers (TSPs);
- Expert assistance and guidance available from transportation management associates; and
- Standards/requirements of Standard Tender of Service (STOS).
GSA’s Electronic Bill of Lading (BOL)
GSA’s electronic Bill of Lading (BOL) provides documentation and authorization for an agency’s shipments of freight and household goods. For either method, shippers can easily book a shipment online, complete the BOL, and print a single copy to accompany the shipment.
For Freight customers, the electronic BOL is offered in GSA’s transportation management system, TMSS 2.0
For Household Goods customers, the electronic BOL is available in GSA’s TMSS 2.0
The web sites below are used to assist customers in locating transportation-related sites:
Transportation and Logistics Services
The Transportation and Logistics Services meet GSA’s customer needs via a variety of transportation services. Specifically, Schedule 48 provides the following:
- Domestic Express small and heavyweight ground shipping;
- Local courier services;
- Rental Supplemental Vehicle program;
- Transportation consulting services; and
- Ground passenger transportation services.
- Air Charter passenger services