WE WOULD LOVE
Our content is
a public service!
IBF is 100%
There are many, many good reasons for bicycle commuting, recreational
bicycling and creating a strong bike culture in general. Hopefully a
couple with resonate with everyone and motivate more bicycling.
- On-going use of a bicycle has virtually NO carbon footprint.
- You will be a leader in your community.
- Bicycles increase mobility for those who don’t have access to motor transport.
- Bikes increase mobility for those who don’t qualify to drive a car.
- Bicycles increase mobility for those who can’t afford motor transport.
- Bikes increase mobility for those who don’t want to drive motor vehicles.
- Bicycles increase mobility for some people with arthritis, back problems
and other mobility issues.
- Bicycling can be faster than walking, transit or motor vehicles.
- Bicycling is the most energy efficient form of transportation ever invented.
- You get healthy exercise from bicycling.
- Save travel money by biking. If the switch is from a car this includes
purchase price, gas, tires, fluids, insurance, maintenance, washing, parking,
- Reduce stress by bicycling.
- Biking is therapeutic for the mind and spirit — is fun and can make you
- Cycling is therapeutic for the cardio-vascular system, live healthier.
- Regular cycling provides better muscle tone, bone mass improvement, clearer skin
- Regular bicycling helps with personal weight management — new full-time bicycle commuters can expect to lose
an average 13 pounds their first year of
bicycle commuting if they maintain the same eating habits.
- Bicycling is a great initial activity for people who are obese and help
them on their way to a healthier life.
- Regular cycling can lead to lower health care expenses — save money for a
- Allows the rider to appreciate the more of the nuances of the natural and
built environment around them.
- Your commute will be the best part of your day instead of the worst part
of your day.
- The exercise increase your productivity at work
- Cycling improves your self-esteem.
- Primary school students will thing you are “cool” or “hip” or “neat” or “rad”
or whatever the current term is. In time even older people might come to
appreciate your leadership.
- Save on the membership to a health club, get your exercise bicycling to work,
school, shopping, etc.
- Bicycling is nearly a life-long activity.
- Bicycling is a great full family and friends activity.
- Cycling is low impact on the body.
- Cycling is low impact on the environment
- Bicycling in your neighborhood is a great way to